Monday, April 27, 2009

Smoothie for Dinner


Didn’t feel hungry so just had a banana-peach smoothie made with some raw cashew milk. There are times that my Magic Bullet is a nice thing to have and this is one of them. The cashew milk was really simple, ½ cup of cashews with 1 ½ cups of water. I ended up with a bit to much, so had to put some of it in the refrigerator for later. Then I just put in some frozen peaches and sliced bananas and ran it again till done.

The bananas I used were some of the new frozen, sliced bananas from Dole. After using them this once, they don’t seem like a bad ides. You get nice, even slices that are individually frozen so that they don’t stick together. And the slices are also perfectly ripe, so it won’t discolor your smoothie. But considering, how much a bag costs, I may start just buying more bananas. At least now I have this nice bag to use in the freezer for them after they are frozen.
P.S. Sorry the picture is so blurry. Just tried to get to close to the container.

No comments:

Post a Comment