Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Asian-Style Rice with Steamed Vegetables and Almonds


Long title but simple dinner. And this dish really is simple. It is just rice, carrots, broccoli, a sauce and some sliced almonds. However, it is also very good. But it may have to much soy sauce in it. That was all I could taste when I ate it, so you may want to use less if you make this. And if you pack a lunch, this would be a great dish to bring. All you would have to do is heat it up and put on the sauce, since it would be a complete lunch on its own or with a side dish or two.

I found this in the recipe files at Veggieboards.com. Which is a forum for both vegan and vegetarians. I am not a member over there, but it is a nice place to lurk. They have some interesting discussions from time to time and some good recipes as well. If you are looking for a forum to join, this would be a good one to lurk at for a time and see if it is for you. And if you don’t like that one, look at PPK as well. If for some reason, you don’t like either one, just keep looking. The web has quite a few forums for vegans and vegetarians at this point and certainly one of them will turn out to be the correct one for you.

And update on the broiled chic-fu I had for dinner last night. I had it cold with lunch today and it was quite good. I might want to put some tamari on it next time, but it was quite edible. In fact, this would be a good item to include with the Asian-Style Rice for an added protein boost at lunch. It should reheat in the microwave just fine and the same sauce could be used on both. Drat, now I wish I had a job to go to. I miss packing my lunch everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment