I really had no time to do any cooking today. So I thougth this might be the time to roll out this survey that has been passed around.
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Rice is my everyday milk, but I will also drink almond and homemade cashew milk also.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
just check out my Monday posts
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
don’t really eat popcorn, but nutritional yeast sounds good
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
my first attempt at making peanut tofu, I think the peanut milk was overheated and the curds were so small they went through the cloth lining the mold
5. Favorite pickled item?
my grandmother’s homemade sweet pickles that my dad used to make, otherwise bread & butter pickles from the store
6. How do you organize your recipes?
I use Living Cookbook, but I also have some in OneNote and others saved as files on my system, they will all get into one place someday
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
trash and garbage disposal
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
chocolate, peanut butter, coconut (I know, it should be there already)
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
My mother’s cinnamon rolls made with a potato roll recipe she got from the local agriculture office. She would cover them in chocolate pudding and coconut for me.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Coconut Bliss and Purely Decadent with coconut milk are a tie
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
My new blender. I can actually do things with it now.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Curry (does that count)
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
My very first cookbook was one put out by Betty Crocker for kids, but I also have the Little House Cookbook as well. The first one I bought for myself was Laurel’s Kitchen Recipes.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
pink grapefruit marmalade, Stonewall Kitchen makes a really good one
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
my finace loves Sloppy Sams (a sloppy joe variantion made with lentils)
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
well I can’t eat tofu or tempeh, so it would have to be seitan
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
doesn’t matter, I eat to live and don’t really live to eat
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
storage containers, cornstarch, baking powder
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
a bag of ground flax seeds, nutritional yeast, hamburger buns
20. What's on your grocery list?
changes from week to week, but always veggies, bread, walnuts (I eat about a pound a week)
21. Favorite grocery store?
My main shopping is at Publix (they are close enough to walk) but I also go to Nature’s Food Patch in Clearwater, Nature’s Finest in Gulfport (St. Petersburg) and Rollin Oats in St. Petersburg
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
not sure yet
23. Food blog you read the most. Or maybe the top 3?
Oh, boy. I read a ton. More than is in my blogroll. However, those are my basics. I must have about 50 in my RSS folder.
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
rice milk chocolate bars
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
the three pounds of raw peanuts to make peanut tofu, and I also plan on buying some coconut butter to help me use up all that peanut pulp
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
I really haven’t found anything yet I can’t deal with. But then I am not that adventurous.
Julie & Kittee's Bagel Factory!
9 months ago