Thursday, October 22, 2009

Breakfast for Dinner, Part 2



Yes, I am doing it again. This time it was with the Chickpea Scramble (from Vegweb), more of the Sweet Potato Hash (from VwaV) and a Flatout wraps.

I know I have been promising this for a little while and finally got to it tonight. I did make two minor changes to the recipe though. No mushrooms, because my mushrooms went bad in the refrigerator and no sour cream because I didn’t have any soy free vegan sour cream. However, I don’t think it hurt the dish. It may not photograph well, but does taste quite good. And it will most likely be great in a wrap with some cheese. I don’t know if it should be called a scramble or maybe stir-fried rice for breakfast, since it seems more like a stir-fried rice recipe. Along that line of thought, I may season it differently next time with some yellow curry and smoked paprika. In fact I think you could season this in a few different ways. You could go Italian, Indian, Cuban or Asian; depending on the spices or sauces you added. It could be most versatile.

P.S. What is going on with Blogger.  Is anyone else unable to import pictures from Flickr or other services on the web. 

2 comments:

  1. My blogger was playing up this morning - it wouldn't let me view any blogs!
    HARRUMPH!
    I know Susan from Kittens Gone Lentil was having problems uploading images into blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had any problems uploading mine, but I have noticed that when they upload they're initially really little and when I click large size they go all grainy :(

    Great breakfast for dinner!

    ReplyDelete