Monday, February 23, 2009

Ratatouille


Yes, I am having that classic French vegetable dish, ratatouille. Of course, I am about two years late, since I should have tried it the summer when that Disney movie came out. And now wonder why I haven’t had it before. Oh, that’s right, eggplant. Had to get past my eggplant reaction to give it a try.

The recipe I used surprised me though. I thought that one would taste all the herbs in it and garlic, considering all the seasoning that is used. But it wasn’t overdone. Since eggplant it a sponge, it probably needs to be over seasoned to taste correctly.

Now here I just had it on rice, but later this week, I am going to try it in a “Ratatouille Lasagna” with polenta rounds. Since I have a ton of leftovers, that should be different way to eat some of them.

Sorry about the steam, dinner was hot from the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment