Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Potato and Parsnip Curry


I had planned on having Sweet Potato Curry tonight, but had a minor problem. No sweet potatoes. I thought there was at least one in the crisper, but while cutting up the veggies for the curry, couldn’t find it and realized that I didn’t have any. Since I had already planned on adding a leftover regular potato and some parsnips to the curry, the recipe just got altered to also add some snack size carrots as well. So sorry about how monochrome it looks.

Even without the sweet potatoes, this was still quite good. And it was no where near as spicy as I expected it to be with the tablespoon of curry paste in the dish. Coconut milk and potatoes are wonderful for cutting down the spicines. I added about 1 tablespoon of soy sauce to round out the flavors and that made it just perfect. Now I just need to make sure I have sweet potatoes the next time I make it.

Just an update on the Cornmeal Chili chick-fu. I had it today in a wrap with shredded cabbage and some more of the Lime (or Lemon) Crema and it was quite good. No pictures, since I wanted to test the idea. Will take some the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment