Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Broccoli Polenta


Back to VCON tonight with dinner.

The only reason I have put off trying the Broccoli Polenta (VCON, pg 114) was that I didn’t want a bag of polenta to stay around the kitchen forever. And since I am the only one in the house who will eat polenta, it will be here a long time. I also was not sure about the combination of polenta and broccoli. However, my mind has been changed. I could not belive how good this was for the simplicity of the ingredients. And it also fits very well into the “planned leftover” idea, since I only need to pan fry what I want to eat at any one time. This might even be good to take in a lunch box, if it is fried up the night before and then reheated in a microwave. However, the next time this is made, I think it will be molded in a loaf pan instead of any of the options that Isa gives you in the recipe. That will make it a bit easier to get uniform slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment