Thursday, January 15, 2009

Seitan, Peppers and Onions


This is a very simple meal, really easy to make, but tastes really good. It is another recipe I found up at vegancoach.com. However, I did use more seitan than the recipe calls for, since ½ cup didn’t seem like a lot. I also used my frozen bag of stir fry pepper mix, just to make the prep easier. The only part of this that was seasoned was my dinner portion, since the leftovers are definitely going into quesadillas and maybe even a pizza. And like I said at the beginning, it tastes really good. If I was working, this would easily be a go to week night dinner. And the leftovers would be great for lunch, since all they would need is a trip to the microwave. This does not make a lot, which is another plus; even though when you look at the recipe it may not seem that way. Once the peppers and onions cook down, it ends up being less than one would think.

All for today. Fridge is filled with leftovers right now, so no cooking anything new tomorrow. However, I will introduce you to my new favorite chocolate chip cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment