Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mediterranean “Meat” Loaf


Dinner. Disappointing. Nothing more to say. Also a good lesson. Never make a new dish, unless you have a picture of it to know how it is supposed to appear.

I am not sure, but my guess is that I pureed the eggplant, chickpea, walnut, capers and olive (didn’t have any sun-dried tomatoes) mixture instead of just processing it till chunky. That is what I get for using a hand blender instead of a food processor. And despite the appearance, it tasted quite good. However, the texture is closer to hummus than a meatloaf (maybe I made a new dish?). At least the corn and Harvard Beets were good. I wonder if this will be good cold. It might be my lunch tomorrow with the naan still in the refrigerator.

If after this, any of you think that this still sounds interesting, you can find the recipe here.

1 comment:

  1. Awww I hate it when there's no picture! Mostly because like you said, you can't tell if it's meant to be a certain way. And take heart, I've over puree'd many many things in my food processor.

    ReplyDelete