Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Vegetable Goulash


I’m visiting La Dolce Vegan for dinner tonight with Sarah Kramer’s Vegetable Goulash. But had to make a few alterations to the recipe. The marjoram got left out, since I didn’t have any; a bag a baby carrots was the sub for the chopped carrot; I am not that fond of pinto beans so I used a can of great northern beans; a 14 oz can of chopped tomatoes subbed for the large, diced tomato and I used smoked paprika in place of regular paprika. Now after all those changes, I am sure you are wondering if it was still good. I am happy to report that it was. However, I could have used a bit more paprika. I only used the minimum of 1 tsp, since the smoked paprika can be a bit overpowering. Another teaspoon would not have hurt it at all, so it was a bit under seasoned for me. That was alright, though, since it you could really taste the vegetables. And the cauliflower absorbed the all the flavors, so it was not at all bland. I will definitely have to keep this in mind for my lunch box, when and if I ever get a job again.

No comments:

Post a Comment