Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lunch and Dinner



First off, you get to see my lunch today. It was very simple; Tabbouleh (store bought) and some of the Almond “Feta” (coated in Italian spices and put in oil) on shredded romaine lettuce (from the bag). Nice easy cold lunch. All I had to do was grab things out of the refrigerator and put them on the plate. Which was good, since I spent a good part of the morning making Hazelnut Scones from VwaV (breakfast tomorrow morning, with some chocolate coconut milk yoghurt from Turtle Mountain). I think I got my greens today, don’t you.


For dinner, since there is Sweet and Sour Lentils in the refrigerator, I decided to make some Gobi Aloo to go with them. For those who have not had Gobi Aloo before, it is an Indian curry of potatoes and cauliflower. There are a ton of recipes on the web for this. The one I am using is one of the many up at AllRecipes.com. In this case the it is a fairly dry curry, but this dish can also be more stew like as well. Again, it just depends on what recipe you grab. The spices can be different also. In this case, it uses cumin, garlic, ginger, turmeric, paprika (smoked paprika, since that is all I have in my spice rack) and Garem Masala (along with some fresh coriander that I didn’t have). I have never had this before and really liked it. A bit of spice, but not so spicy that it burns your mouth. A very nice compliment to the Sweet and Sour Lentils and the flatbread on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment