Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Broccoli Slaw with Craisins and Ginger


I’m using another recipe from PDQ Vegetarian tonight. This time it is a salad based on broccoli slaw that has raisins and candied ginger added to it. Or it is supposed to be raisins; I didn’t have any, so they got replaced with craisins instead. Don’t think it hurt the salad though. The dressing is just vegan mayo, rice wine vinegar and powdered ginger. And just in case you think that the ginger will overwhelm the salad, it is a nice accent, but not an overwhelming flavor. The ginger was also nice with the Dijon Beets (that I earlier wrote about here) and my favorite veggie burger. All in all it was a simple dinner for the end of summer.

4 comments:

  1. That broccoli slaw sounds really good, and I think that I would have subbed craisins for raisins as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a sandwich thin [bun on the burger]? If so, good choice! I love those things :) Rest of the meal looks dandy, too - I'll have to try that slaw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that is a sandwich thin, Kate. I like them also, since they are not as thick as buns and store easier in my freezer. They are also a bit more nutritious than your standard bun, so that is a plus also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I've never made broccoli slaw, given my love of broccoli! I have to try it! And good call on the craisins. I much prefer them to raisins anyway :)

    ReplyDelete