Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tax Season is Finally Over

Yes, I know that tax season officially ended (in the US at least) on April 15th, but I have spent the last couple of weeks recuperating from it.  Sorry that I didn’t do any posts while running the tax office, but I did not realize how exhausting it would be, until I started the season.  Near the end, I didn’t even do a lot of cooking, simply because I didn’t know how busy the office might be and when or what I would be able to eat.  Most of my meals the last couple of weeks before the 15th were either sandwiches (made with Field Roast), and quick stir fry with frozen vegetables, Pop-tarts (the Brown Sugar Cinnamon without icing are vegan) and Larabars.  Not exactly healthy, but they kept me going.  And since the 15th, I really haven’t done a lot of cooking either.  It is so easy to just sit down and do nothing. 

I do plan on getting all the pictures up of what I did do, and will most likely do it in just one post.  It may be all pictures, but that may be the easiest way to do it. 

As for this week, I’ve done a few things.  The first is I made my absolutely favorite dessert out of Vcon again, the Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding.  I made it with the SilkAlmond Original and used dark Agave in place of the maple syrup.  Since the almond milk is already sweetened, I only used 1/4 cup instead of the 1/2 cup called for in the recipe.  As you can see, it came out just right and isn’t to sweet.  If it hadn’t been sweet enough, that would have been easy to solve with some chocolate syrup drizzled over it. 

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding

This isn’t what I had planned on for dinner, but what I had planned on eating, seemed a bit to much for dinner tonight.  I’ll eat it tomorrow.  Since I still had two of the Home-style Vegan Meatloaf in the refrigerator, that seemed like an easy main dish and decided that a side dish of sautéed frozen spinach and corn would make a simple dinner.   All I had to do was finish the mini meatloaf in the toaster oven, since I only partially baked them when they were made last week.  While that was baking, I put the spinach and corn in the non stick skillet and cooked them till the spinach was done.  I added a bit of Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning to the veggies and a ribbon of BBQ sauce to the mini meatloaf. 

Homestyle Vegan Meatloaf

10 comments:

  1. I bet you must have been busy! That meatloaf looks so good, I might try it with chickpea flour in place of gluten flour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve a break after all that. Nice rebound with that amazing looking bread pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know I still have a few followers.

    Mandee: I wasn't as busy as I would have liked, it mostly came in spurts with a lot of bordom in between.

    Tami: The break was nice. I didn't realized how stressed I was until the day I closed the office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man! That all looks a bit sexy. Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.

    - Lanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog you have here.. It’s hard to find quality writing like yours these days. I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete