Friday, April 17, 2009

Lentils Mole with Pepper and Onions


I had planned on something different tonight, but didn’t get the seitan out of the freezer; so I had to improvise. I looked at what I had in the apartment and realized it would have to be something lentil based. And that is when it came to me. Make something with the lentils, the Easy Mole sauce in the refrigerator and the Pepper and Onion Stir Fry mix in the freezer. So I cooked the lentils around lunch time, since I figured that they didn’t need to be hot when I started dinner. About the time the rice went on the stove I put some oil in a pan and poured the stir fry mix in so that they could start to cook. Once they were done, I let the pan cool a bit; since it had gotten a bit to caramelized on the bottom. After washing the pan, I put the lentils, peppers and onions back into it and added the mole sauce, along with a bit of water. I let that simmer for a few minutes and that was it. Much to my surprise it tasted quite good and was not to spicy. I think this is going to turn up in my lunch as wraps next week.

All for this week. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment